Egypt has one of the longest histories of any country, tracing its heritage along the Nile Delta back to the 6th–4th millennia BCE. Considered a cradle of civilization, Ancient Egypt saw some of the earliest developments of writing, agriculture, urbanization, organized religion and central government. Iconic monuments such as the Giza Necropolis and its Great Sphinx, as well the ruins of Memphis, Thebes, Karnak, and the Valley of the Kings, reflect this legacy and remain a significant focus of scientific and popular interest.
Benefits of investing in Egypt
- Dual Citizenship: Persons who become naturalized Egyptian citizens may keep their original nationality if the other country permits it.
- Egypt Passport Mobility: Egypt ranked No. 93 in the Global Passport Ranking for 2019, with 50 visa-free countries.
- Egypt’s economy: Egypt’s economy is projected to grow by 5.8% of GDP in 2020 and to see a growth rate of 5.7% in 2021, according to study. The annual inflation rate is predicted to fall from 13.9 percent in 2019 to 5.9 percent in 2020. Egypt’s tourism is projected to hit a record of $15.1 billion in 2020 and $17.3 billion in 2021.
Under the new citizenship by investment scheme, there are five paths to becoming an Egyptian national:
1. Donation: $250,000 (donation to state treasury, non-refundable)
2. Real Estate Investment: $500,000 (individuals or legal entities)
3. Investment project: $400,000 (foreigner’s share in the project cannot be less than 40%)
4. Bank Deposit: $750,000 (refundable after 5 years in the local currency, without interest)
5. Bank Deposit: $1 million (refundable after 3 years in the local currency, without interest)
VISA-FREE TRAVEL TO 51 COUNTRIES AND TERRITORIES
Egypt SummaryPlease fill this form to download our summary
|LOCATION: Northeast corner of Africa and southwest corner of Asia|
|CAPITAL CITY: Cairo|
|TOTAL AREA: 1,010,408 KM|
|TIME DIFFERENCE: UTC+2|
|GOVERNMENT TYPE: Presidential|
|CURRENCY: Egyptian pound|
|GDP (PER CAPITA): $3,561 USD|