Canada is a large, diverse country known for its welcoming attitude and stunning natural landscapes. From picturesque forests to majestic mountains and crystal-clear lakes, Canada is one of the most scenic countries in the world. Explore the possibilities of becoming a resident of this unique and welcoming country.
Canada Startup Visa Program
Designated Organizations Are Business Groups That Are Approved To Invest In Or Support Possible Start-Ups Through The Start-Up Visa Program.
Organizations Choose Which Business Proposals To Review. Each Organization Has Its Own Intake Process For Proposals And Criteria Used To Assess Them. If A Designated Organization Decides To Review Your Business Idea, It’ll Assess The Potential Of Your Proposal And Whether Or Not It Will Succeed. They Will Then Provide A Letter Of Support And An Investment.
VENTURE CAPITAL FUNDS
Minimum Investment – $200,000 USD
If your investment comes from a designated Canadian Venture Capital Fund you must secure a minimum investment of $200,000.
Minimum Investment – $75,000 USD
If your investment comes from a designated Canadian Angel Investor you must secure a minimum investment of $75,000. The required amount is lower because angel investors usually invest their own money into a start-up business at an earlier stage of development.
Minimum Investment – N/A
You do not need to secure financial investment from a business incubator, but you must be accepted into a designated program.
CANADA EXPRESS ENTRY
Candidates with university or college degrees with skilled work experience and moderate proficiency in English and/or French are ideal candidates to submit an application under the Express Entry program to immigrate to Canada.
- HAVE A QUALIFYING EDUCATION: An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposes from a designated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from Canada.
- MEET THE LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: The ability to communicate and work in English, French or both will help you to succeed in Canada. You must take a language test from an approved agency and meet the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in either English or French or International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 7. The results must be included with your application.
- MEET THE WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Skilled work experience means that you’ve worked in 1 of these National Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups: Managerial jobs (skill type 0) , Professional jobs (skill level A), Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill level B). Your skilled work experience must be:
- within the last 10 years ,
- paid work (have been paid wages or earned commission— volunteer work or unpaid internships don’t count)
- at least 1 year of continuous work or 1,560 hours total (30 hours per week).
- BRING ENOUGH MONEY TO SETTLE: You will need to supply proof that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependents after you arrive in Canada.
|TOTAL AREA:||9,984,670 km2|
|TIME DIFFERENCE:||UTC -3:30 (East), UTC -8 (West)|
|LANGUAGE:||English (Official) and French (Official)|
|GOVERNMENT TYPE:||Federal Parliamentary Democracy|
|GDP (PPP)(PER CAPITA):||$48,400 USD|