Canada is a large, diverse country known for its welcoming attitude and beautiful nature. Canada is one of the most scenic countries in the world, full of picturesque forests, mountains, and lakes with beautiful landscapes almost everywhere you look.
BENEFITS OF CITIZENSHIP FROM CANADA
- The right to live, work and start a business in Canada.
- The ability to travel visa-free to 166 countries including the United States, UK, European Union and UAE.
- Citizenship can be passed on to your children whether born in Canada or internationally.
- You are eligible for social benefits, such as health care and education.
- As a permanent resident, you are required to be physically present in Canada for at least 730 days in every 5 year period to maintain your status. But as a citizen, there are no residency requirements. You are free to leave and re-enter Canada at will.
Canada Startup Visa Criteria
Designated organizations are business groups that are approved to invest in or support possible start-ups through the Start-up Visa Program.
Organizations choose which business proposals to review. Each organization has its own intake process for proposals and criteria used to assess them. If a designated organization decides to review your business idea, it’ll assess the potential of your proposal and whether or not it will succeed. They will then provide a Letter of Support and an investment.
VENTURE CAPITAL FUNDS
Minimum Investment – $200,000 USD
If your investment comes from a designated Canadian Venture Capital Fund you must secure a minimum investment of $200,000.
Minimum Investment – $75,000 USD
If your investment comes from a designated Canadian Angel Investor you must secure a minimum investment of $75,000. The required amount is lower because angel investors usually invest their own money into a start-up business at an earlier stage of development.
BUSINESS INCUBATOR PROGRAM
Minimum Investment – N/A
You do not need to secure a financial investment from a business incubator, but you must be accepted into a designated program.
VISA-FREE TRAVEL TO 166 COUNTRIES AND TERRITORIES
|LOCATION: North America|
|CAPITAL CITY: Ottawa|
|TOTAL AREA: 9,984,670 sq km|
|TIME DIFFERENCE: UTC -3:30 (East), UTC -8 (West)|
English (Official) and French (Official)
|GOVERNMENT TYPE: Federal Parliamentary Democracy|
|CURRENCY: Canadian Dollar|
|GDP (PER CAPITA): $48,400 (USD)|
0-14 years: 15.43%
15-24 years: 11,62%
25-54 years: 39,62%
55-64 years: 14.24%
65+ years: 19.08%
- Rank 10 – UNDP Human Development.
- Rank 6 – Passport Power Index (2019).
- Rank 7 – World Happiness Report (2018).
- Rank 14 – Global Competitiveness Index.
- Rank 9 – Index of Economic Freedom.
- Rank 18 – Ease of Doing Business (2018).