The United Kingdom is the perfect gateway to the European economy and culture. Its location makes travel within Europe and transatlantic travel a breeze.
EXPANSION WORKER VISA PROGRAM
This global business mobility visa allows non-UK senior managers to work in the UK as a UK Expansion Worker in a position for which they have been sponsored, as specified in their sponsorship certificate.
With a UK Expansion Worker visa, you’re allowed to:
- Work for your sponsor for the job that is listed on your sponsorship certificate.
- Bring your spouse and children with you as your “dependents”.
- Travel in and out of the UK.
- The Expansion Worker must be recruited and employed outside the UK by the company which they intend to represent in the UK. Ideally the employee should have been employed for at least 12 months. However, it is still possible to apply if the employee has been employed under 12 months but there will be a salary minimum of £73,000 imposed for their first year of working in the UK.
- The Expansion Worker can be a majority shareholder in the foreign company
- The employee must be able to support themselves without help from public funds. This means they should have a minimum UK salary of between £28,000- £40,000 depending on their role.
Extend your visa
You can apply to extend your UK Expansion Worker visa if all the following are true:
- You have the same job as when you were given your previous permission to enter or stay in the UK.
- Your job is in the same occupation code as when you were given.
- Your previous permission to enter or stay in the UK.
Your partner or children will need to apply separately to extend their visa. They can either apply at the same time as you, or at any time before their current visa expires.
|TOTAL AREA:||242,495 km2|
|TIME DIFFERENCE:||UTC, British Summer Time UTC+1|
|GOVERNMENT TYPE:||Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|CURRENCY:||Pound Sterling (GBP; £|
|GDP (PPP)(PER CAPITA):||$38,847 USD|
Speak with one of our citizenship and residency advisors today to find out how a second passport or residency can enhance your life.