Greece is considered the cradle of Western civilization, Greece features a vast number of islands – between 1,200 and 6,000, depending on the definition, 227 of which are inhabited – and is considered a non-contiguous transcontinental country. Crete is the largest and most populous island; Euboea, separated from the mainland by the 60 m-wide Euripus Strait, is the second largest, followed by Lesbos and Rhodes.
Benefits of the Greek Golden Visa
- Visa-free travel within Europe’s Schengen Area
- No requirement to reside in Greece
- Residence permits can be acquired within 30–60 days
- Unlimited expiry date of residence permit
- Opportunity to rent out the investment property
- Residence applicable to the whole family (married spouse, children under 21 years old, and parents of the main applicant and spouse)
- Eligibility to apply for citizenship after seven years of residence
- Ability to hold shares and receive income from the dividends of a company registered in Greece (but not to be employed in Greece)
Investment Options for the Golden Visa for Greece:
To qualify for a Golden Visa for Greece, you must make one of the following investments:
- Purchase a real estate property worth at least €250,000
- Sign a lease agreement with a hotel or tourist establishment for at least 10 years
- Make a capital investment of at least €400,000 in a company registered in Greece
- Make a €400,000 investment in Greek government bonds.
- Make a €400,000 investment in bonds or shares of real estate investment companies.
- Make a €400,000 deposit in a Greek bank.
- Make an €800,000 investment in corporate or government bonds.
VISA-FREE TRAVEL TO 186 COUNTRIES AND TERRITORIES
|CAPITAL CITY: Athens|
|TOTAL AREA: 131,957 KM|
|TIME DIFFERENCE: UTC+2|
|GOVERNMENT TYPE: Unitary parliamentary republic|
|GDP (PER CAPITA): : $29,045 USD|