ABOUT THE UNITED KINGDOM
The United Kingdom is the perfect gateway to the European economy and culture. It’s location makes travel within Europe and transatlantic travel a breeze.
- Rank 7 – World Economic Forum Global Competitiveness Report
- Rank 8 – 2018 Index of Economic Freedom
- Rank 16 – OECD Better Life Index
- Rank 4 – Passport Power Index
- Rank 1 – Forbes Best Countries for Business Index
- Rank 2 – Global Opportunity Index
- Rank 14 – UNDP Human Development Indicators (World)
|LOCATION: Western Europe|
|CAPITAL CITY: London|
|TOTAL AREA: 242,495 km|
|TIME DIFFERENCE: UTC, British Summer Time UTC+1|
English (official), with other regional languages
|GOVERNMENT TYPE: Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Monarchy|
|CURRENCY: Pound Sterling (GBP; £)|
|GDP (PER CAPITA): $38,847|
The Representative of Overseas Business Visa program gives overseas companies a route to establish a commercial presence in the UK. This is a great opportunity to test the UK and European markets by sending a representative to establish and operate a registered branch or wholly-owned subsidiary. Unlike the Tier 1 Visa program, there are no requirements for minimum investment, job creation or profitability.
This program allows a senior employee of an overseas company to gain residency in the United Kingdom for the purpose of establishing a commercial presence in the UK or Europe. The UK company may be either a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company.
REPRESENTATIVE OF AN OVERSEAS BUSINESS VISA PROGRAM
- Representative must be recruited and employed outside of the UK by the company which they intend to represent in the UK and have been employed for at least six months.
- The employee must hold a senior position in the organization.
- The sole representative should not have a shareholdings of more than 20%.
- The employee must be able to support themselves without help from public funds. This means they should have a minimum salary of £25,000.
- The UK company must be a registered branch or wholly owned subsidiary of the foreign company.
- Ideally, the company will already be doing business in the UK or Europe. As part of the application, you will need to justify why the company wants to set up business in the UK.
- Must be the first commercial presence in the UK. The parent company must not have any branch, subsidiary or other representative in the UK.
- The employee must meet the English language requirement – IELTS band score of at least 4.
Speak with one of our citizenship and residency advisors today to find out how a second passport or residency can enhance your life.