Portugal is a breath-taking country on the Western Coast of Europe. It’s mild climate and beautiful beaches make it a popular holiday destination all year round. In addition to its scenic beauty, Portugal is recognized as having high living standards and ranks very highly on the Global Competitiveness Report (11th overall).
- Rank 77 – 2017 Index of Economic Freedom
- Rank 3 – Safest Countries in the World
- Rank 4 – Passport Power Index
- Rank 24 – Forbes Best Countries for Business Index
- Rank 41 – UNDP Human Development Indicators (World)
- The United Nations (UN) and its Specialised Agencies
- European Union
- Schengen Convention
- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
- The Council of Europe (CoE)
- The World Bank
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
|CAPITAL CITY: Lisbon|
|TOTAL AREA: 92,212 km|
|TIME DIFFERENCE: UTC+0 (Summer – UTC +1)|
Portuguese (official), Mirandese (official, but locally used)
|GOVERNMENT TYPE: Unitary SemiPresidential Constitutional Republic|
|CURRENCY: : Euro|
|GDP (PER CAPITA): $30,192 USD|
The programme seeks to attract foreign individuals who will be entitled to obtain permanent residency upon making one of the following three investment options.
BENEFITS OF PORTUGUESE RESIDENCY
- Right to live, work and study in Portugal.
- Portugal is a member of the European Union and Schengen Zone.
- Freedom of movement & visa-free travel to 26 member countries of the Schengen Area.
- Portugal has a very favourable tax structure for Investors in the program. Non-Habitual Residents are exempt from taxation on foreign sources of income and benefit from a reduced tax rate on Portuguese sources of income.
- Portugal has a low crime rate and is considered very safe. Amongst other lifestyle benefits, it has established education and health care systems and ranks very high on the human development index.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
- Residence Permits issued in as little as 6 months.
- Minimum residency requirements to qualify for renewal – only 7 days in the first year and 14 days in the subsequent two year periods.
- Eligible for Permanent Residency after 5 years.
- Residency contributes towards eligibility for citizenship. After six years of legal residence in Portugal, it is possible to apply for citizenship. But please note that applicants must also be 18 years or older, have a clean criminal record and have a basic fluency in the Portuguese language to be eligible.
PORTUGAL GOLDEN RESIDENCE PERMIT
REAL ESTATE - LISBON
Minimum Investment – €350,000 Euro
Applicants may purchase new real estate properties in Lisbon with a minimum value of €500,000 or purchase a property with a minimum value of €350,000 with the purpose of refurbishing it (includes refurbishing cost). To qualify, the property must have been constructed more than 30 years ago and located in an area designated for urban regeneration.
REAL ESTATE - OUTSIDE LISBON
Minimum Investment – €280,000 Euro
Applicants may purchase new real estate properties outside Lisbon with a minimum value of €400,000 or purchase a property with a minimum value of €280,000 with the purpose of refurbishing it (includes refurbishing cost). To qualify, the property must have been constructed more than 30 years ago and located in an area designated for urban regeneration.
Minimum Investment – €350,000 Euro
Capital investment options include the following:
- Transfer capital of at least €350,000 destined for venture capital funds which provide capital for companies based in Portugal.
- Transfer capital of at least €350,000 to incorporate or increase share capital of a company with a registered office in Portugal, along with the creation of five jobs.