The Maltese archipelago is located right in the heart of the Mediterranean Sea, stretching to an area which is not greater than 316 square kilometers. The size of the Maltese islands are definitely not a reflection of the great historical and cultural treasures the country prides itself on.
The hot summers and the mild winters characterize Malta’s Mediterranean climate, certainly a pull-factor to all enthusiasts of outdoor activities taking place all the year round. Attractions range from Malta’s pristine beaches and countryside, appetizing restaurants, outstanding nightlife and indulging historical and cultural monuments which narrate the island’s 7,000 year-old history.
- Rank 55 – 2016 Index of Economic Freedom
- Rank 15 – Safest Countries in the World
- Rank 7 – Passport Power Index
- Rank 26 – Forbes Best Countries for Business Index
- Rank 37 – UNDP Human Development Indicators (World)
|LOCATION:Southern Europe, Mediterranean Sea|
|CAPITAL CITY: Valletta|
|TOTAL AREA: 316km|
|TIME DIFFERENCE: UTC+1|
Maltese (official): 90.1%;
English (official): 6%,
|GOVERNMENT TYPE: Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PER CAPITA): $35,900 USD|
- The Commonwealth of Nations
- The United Nations (UN) and its Specialized Agencies
- European Union
- Schengen Convention
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
- The Council of Europe (CoE)
- The World Bank
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
The Maltese Government through LN 121 of 2021 has published the Malta Permanent Residence Regulations which lay down the framework for the acquisition of Maltese permanent residency through this programme. The regulations stipulate the eligibility and investment requirements of the MPRP. The new Legal Notice replaces the previous Malta Residence and Visa Programme Regulations which were regulated by Legal Notice 288 of 2015 as subsequently amended.
PERMANENT RESIDENCY IN MALTA
- Right to live, work and study in Malta.
- Freedom of movement & visa-free travel to 26 member countries of the Schengen Area.
- Malta is a neutral, safe and stable country in the Mediterranean with a high quality of life.
- Malta has a very favourable tax structure for Investors in the program. Tax is due only on income and capital gains arising in Malta. Malta has no inheritance tax, estate duty, net worth taxes, municipal taxes or real estate taxes.
- Malta has highly developed industry, tourism and financial sectors, and is well linked with Europe and the world. It enjoys a strategic geographical position, and one of the strongest growth economies in the EU.
MALTA RESIDENCY BY INVESTMENT
The MPRP Regulations allows for the granting of permanent residency in Malta through a certificate of permanent residence to individuals and their families who contribute to the economy of Malta by means of an investment in real estate (rental or purchase), a contribution to the Government of Malta as well as a donation to a charitable institution or NGO. Applicants are required to fulfil all the three requirements.
- Government Contribution: €68,000 when purchasing a property or €98,000 when renting a property.
- Charitable Donation: €2,000 to a registered charity or NGO
- Property Investment
A. Rental Option: Minimum €10,000 if property is located in Gozo or the South of Malta or Minimum €12,000 if property is located in Central or Northern Part of Malta
B. Purchase Option: Minimum €300,000 if property is located in Gozo or the South of Malta or Minimum €350,000 if property is located in Central or Northern Part of Malta