The country of Montenegro is the smallest of the former Yugoslavian Republic countries, but it may also be the most beautiful and promising. Located on the Balkan Peninsula of Europe the landscapes blend seamlessly from majesting mountain ranges to beautiful beaches and coastline.
The country has begun the accession process with the European Union and is expected to become a member by 2025. The capital, Podgorica is the official commercial and cultural center of the country. While other areas, such as Boka Bay, home to the worldfamous Porto Montenegro, offer pristine beauty to Montenegrin visitors.
- Rank 50 – United Nations: Human Development Index (2018)
- Rank 37 – Arton Passport Index (2018)
- Rank 42 – Ease of Doing Business Index (2018)
- Rank 68 – Forbes Best Countries for Business (2018)
|LOCATION:: South Eastern Europe|
|CAPITAL CITY: Podgorica|
|TOTAL AREA: 13,812 km2|
|TIME DIFFERENCE: UTC+1 (Summer UTC+2)|
|GOVERNMENT TYPE: Parliamentary Republic|
|GDP (PER CAPITA): $17,700 USD|
- The United Nations (UN) and its Specialized Agencies
- The Council of Europe (COE)
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- Group of 20 (G20)
- Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
- World Trade Organization (WTO)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- The World Bank
- The International Monetary Fund (IMF)
The Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Program grants citizenship and a passport following a contribution to an approved development project in the country.
MCBI program requires stringent due diligence and thorough background checks for all applicants and their family members prior to the grant of citizenship
- The main applicant must be over 18 years of age.
- The main applicant and dependents must not have been sentenced to imprisonment for a term of more than one year for a criminal offense.
MONTENEGRO CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT
The Montenegro Program is limited to 2,000 applicants and will only be available for a 3-year period. To qualify for citizenship, the main applicant must make one of the following contribution:
APPROVED DEVELOPMENT PROJECT - DEVELOPED AREA
Minimum Investment – €450,000
The investor must make a minimum investment in the developed Southern region of Montenegro, including the capital Podgorica, Budva and Kotor regions.
APPROVED DEVELOPMENT PROJECT - UNDERDEVELOPED AREA
Minimum Investment – €250,000
The investor must make a minimum investment in the underdeveloped Northern region of Montenegro, including Bijelo Polje, Pljevlja, and Berane regions.